Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Journey (part 1)

*This might be long and boring but I want to get it out there before I forget*

When I was about 25 I began to have severe pains in my shoulders, eventually I went to the ER (at that time I had never had to go to the ER and the thought of hospitals and needles didn't appeal to me) the Doc at the ER took some blood and did an ultrasound of my gallbladder, he saw that my gallbladder had gallstones and gave me some pain medicine in my IV, well after that I was feeling great lol and ready to leave.
I didn't get to leave that night, I sat in the bed with my mom and the Doc walked in (white as a ghost) before he could even say anything I knew something was wrong..  He had told me my liver numbers were way off the charts, one number was 1500 and the norm is 20-120 so I was way way off, his thinking was that if I got my gallbladder out it would fix my liver numbers.  So an hour or so later I was getting ready for surgery and was scared!!  I had never had to have surgery like this before and to top it off never had any health problems EVER and now my gallbladder and liver was acting up.
After my Gallbladder was removed and I was in recovery for a few days my Liver numbers we not getting better and I began to have severe pain in my sides..  I still managed to work full time through all this and loved my job so much!
Part 2 will be about my tests and how a prayer saved my life (stay tuned)

No comments:

Post a Comment